Are you the right person?
Disclosure: some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase
You might be wondering if you are the right person for affiliate marketing. Can you make it work for you? That’s the big question you should ask yourself when you consider starting an online business with affiliate marketing.
It is a viable income option, but it does not work for every business. Making an income through affiliate marketing requires dedication and commitment over a long period of time.
Yes, you can make money through affiliate marketing. Good money.
So are you the right person? Let me help you decide.
How it works
For companies offering an affiliate program, this is one of the best ways to receive free promotion, thus saving substantially on advertising.
- Start a blog and then pick a niche for your blog. You should choose something that is ideally an interest, a passion, a hobby because you gonna write a lot about it. Something you enjoy working with. Your online business should not feel like a day job.
- Choose the affiliate products that you can promote, relevant to your niche.
- Create quality content around those products. The reason blogging is one of the most effective ways to get started with affiliate marketing is because it requires minimum investment and you can learn everything around it in no time. From here on, what really matters it how much dedication, time and smart work you put in to grow your affiliate business.
- Drive traffic to your website/affiliate post. Focus on creating great content, and then optimize it and share it on social media platforms. Indeed, social media is one strong answer on how to get traffic to your website. You can also pay for the traffic to be driven to your website.
- Use email-marketing services to capture emails of visitors. Autoresponders are an online marketer’s secret weapon. Once traffic begins to arrive at your website (which is a very exciting moment) you will need to capture your visitor’s details. This is where your autoresponder comes in.
- Create email-sequence to automate the funnel with your autoresponder. You are to send out messages automatically after a contact subscribes to your list. You can create several messages to go out in a cycle, one after the other. Yes, email is still the #1 communication channel for marketing.
- Focus on driving more traffic and repeating the process.
What qualifications do I need?
There is literally no qualification required to become an affiliate marketer, though having good copywriting skills and marketing skills will be an added advantage.
No one is born knowing how to be an affiliate marketer, you only have to be willing to learn and work to grow. I had ZERO skills when I first started in affiliate marketing, and I had to develop each one slowly, over time.
Affiliate marketing is a form of self-employment that has low initial overhead and doesn’t require a person to produce, stock, or ship product inventory.
Affiliate marketing means you’re constantly solving problems.
Decision-making is just as important. Most people rely on their gut feelings to make decisions. Our job is to sell and to make people take action.
Treat others the way you want to be treated. A visitor to your website is a REAL person.
There are billions of people online (YOUR audience) and these people are going to search
engines, social media, or visiting websites for help all the time.
These people are looking for information, solutions to problems and to buy stuff.
That is where you are going to come in with your website offering them information about what they are looking for. You will be “helping” these people, recommending products/services they can benefit from, and you earn affiliate commissions ($$) as a result.
How long will it take?
We all want to earn a profit. The biggest problem is that many people lose track of the fact that marketing, running a successful business, and ultimately earning money is about building a relationship with your potential clients…and that takes time.
In fact, if you only focus on getting money(become “salesy”) instead of giving value to your visitors you will end up with nothing!
The reality that you must understand
I’m sure most of you know by now that this is NOT a “get rich quick schtick”.
Despite that, there are still many people “hoping” to start seeing results and making money within a month or two.
If they’re willing to put in the work for a month or two, they think they should get paid and it’s not considered as getting rich quick. They simply want to see some results to prove that this works.
Many people need to constantly worry about how to pay their next bill.
Many people think that “online business” or the “Internet” has some sort of magic power or some secrets that make you money quick. Well, it is not!
The reality is when you’re new to affiliate marketing: while you can start making money within the first couple of months, I usually tell people to give it at least 6 to 12 months before they can expect an income to quit their day job.
Are you the right person?
To learn affiliate marketing I recommend Wealthy Affiliate.
It will teach you how to generate passive income online with Affiliate Marketing.
More than 2 million people joined Wealthy Affiliate. There is a reason for that…don’t you think so?
If you are serious and willing to learn and work (which I don’t doubt), but still unsure about this platform I suggest to read my review about it.
Join for FREE as a Starter Member and see for yourself if this is really the best place to learn affiliate marketing or not.
But if you are the victim of the “shiny object syndrome”; read get rich quick overnight, then you can go back and keep searching for that among the many scammers everywhere who only empty your pockets instead of giving you financial freedom.
Join Wealthy Affiliate now, and I will see you inside!
If you find this article informative, do share it with your friends!